Not entirely. While it IS true that you must take your CE’s every year, you must still file and pay for renewal of your state MLO licenses on the NMLS. Also, certain states require documentation outside the NMLS. For example: An MLO who is licensed in the state of Arizona will need to complete their 8 hours of Continuing Education (Including a 1 hour AZ specific class), file for renewal on the NMLS, and send the AZDFI your renewal fee form and a check for your yearly renewal which has historically been $150. Not every state has requirements outside the NMLS, but the minimum that must be done for those states that do not are CE hours, and submission of a renewal request on the NMLS.